Re: Oh honestly

Postby Colin Wright » Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:16 am

Haaretz asks a question that might only occur to an Israeli:

'How Would Israel Survive a Pandemic That Wipes Out Most of Humanity?'
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:01 am

'Bloomberg defied a flight ban to show support for Israel, defended the country shelling a school and killing sleeping children'

but
he said 95% of all murderers are black or Hispanic. This'll be interesting.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:22 am

Where would we be without California?

'Term ‘At-Risk Youth’ Replaced With ‘At-Promise Youth’ In California Penal Codes

by Laura Haefeli
February 13, 2020

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The term “at-risk youth” was commonly used in both penal and education codes in California – until now.

Gov. Gavin Newsom signed legislation that went into effect on Jan. 1 that officially wiped the phrase from the state’s language. The phrase will now be replaced by “at-promise youth.”

Assemblymember Byron Jones-Sawyer (D-South Los Angeles), who penned the passed legislation, says the measure will change the negative connotation that comes along with the “at-risk” label.

“I learned that words matter – and once they were called ‘at-risk,’ they almost were in the school-to-prison pipeline automatically,” Jones-Sawyer said.'
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:45 am

Blithering idiocy from our supposed betters:

'CNN Medical Talking Head Dr Sanjay Gupta recently asserted that Corona “doesn’t discriminate based on race. Why do we?”

The difficulty, of course, is that the Corona Virus does discriminate; every single fatality to date has been genetically East Asian.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:22 pm

Another reason to vote for Sanders, at least in the primary.

'Former Vice President Joe Biden said the fact that the Obama administration deported 3 million undocumented immigrants, many of whom had no criminal records, “was a big mistake.”

They've all gone off the deep end. You might as well pick the one who will keep us from starting that war with Iran.

Incidentally, I love that media formula, '...undocumented immigrants, many of whom had no criminal records...' So they entered the country illegally, but didn't do anything criminal? Is that what you're saying?
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:28 am

'A complete disaster’: Fears grow over potential Nevada caucus malfunction'

Is that a synonym for another unacceptably good Sanders performance, or do they mean something else?

Really, watch for the media suddenly toning down the anti-Trump rhetoric. If Sanders might take the nomination, Trump is the only horse Israel has in the race.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:51 am

Apparently, only people the BBC doesn't feel it should sympathize with have 'mothers.'

'Two teenagers have a cathartic encounter with men jailed for an Islamist attack that killed their mum.'

Its heyday is admittedly past -- but can you imagine the New York Times writing about people's 'moms'?
Last edited by Colin Wright on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:51 am

New York City may be cooking the books on crime.

https://www.unz.com/article/tessa-major ... e-iceberg/
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Ben Turner » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:30 am

Colin Wright wrote:Where would we be without California?

'Term ‘At-Risk Youth’ Replaced With ‘At-Promise Youth’ In California Penal Codes

by Laura Haefeli
February 13, 2020

SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – The term “at-risk youth” was commonly used in both penal and education codes in California – until now.

Gov. Gavin Newsom signed legislation that went into effect on Jan. 1 that officially wiped the phrase from the state’s language. The phrase will now be replaced by “at-promise youth.”

Assemblymember Byron Jones-Sawyer (D-South Los Angeles), who penned the passed legislation, says the measure will change the negative connotation that comes along with the “at-risk” label.

“I learned that words matter – and once they were called ‘at-risk,’ they almost were in the school-to-prison pipeline automatically,” Jones-Sawyer said.'

What?

What??
Ben Turner

Postby Ben Turner » Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:32 am

Colin Wright wrote:Blithering idiocy from our supposed betters:

'CNN Medical Talking Head Dr Sanjay Gupta recently asserted that Corona “doesn’t discriminate based on race. Why do we?”

The difficulty, of course, is that the Corona Virus does discriminate; every single fatality to date has been genetically East Asian.

The vast majority of those exposed to the virus have been Chinese so this is hardly conclusive. There are certain conditions which are more prevalent to certain races- but these are primarily genetic. I'd be extremely surprised if race was a factor in either contracting or dying from the coronavirus.
Ben Turner

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion