Oh honestly

Description of your first forum.

Re: Oh honestly

Postby Ben Turner » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:05 pm

Colin Wright wrote:'Closing the Gap: Australia's indigenous inequality 'not good enough''

Australia's aborigines are pretty unequal. It's not like they're Scotsmen or Maoris or even American Indians. They're pathetic. Let's face it...

The great thing about Australian aborigines is that the genes seem to be recessive. If you have an aboriginal grandparent you don't come out looking like Obama- you come out white.
Ben Turner

Postby Ben Turner » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:49 pm

Colin Wright wrote:Unfortunately, this process of politics becoming a monopoly of the extremes can't end well.

In fact, I think it usually ends in some flavor of revolutionary or reactionary catastrophe.

Well, either that or it collapses back into the centre when one side realises that doing so causes them to win the votes of sensible people. That's what'll happen if Labour selects Kier Starmer (though they won't since their members are mostly extremists).
Ben Turner

Postby Colin Wright » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:49 pm

Ben Turner wrote:
Colin Wright wrote:'Closing the Gap: Australia's indigenous inequality 'not good enough''

Australia's aborigines are pretty unequal. It's not like they're Scotsmen or Maoris or even American Indians. They're pathetic. Let's face it...

The great thing about Australian aborigines is that the genes seem to be recessive. If you have an aboriginal grandparent you don't come out looking like Obama- you come out white.

Well...you let one marry into your clan.

I wouldn't be excessively surprised if your impression that half-breeds look white might result from the half-breeds that look white being the ones who are adopted into the Australian progressive community rather than all of them actually looking white.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:49 am

Yes...yes...

'How AIPAC is losing bipartisan support in Washington
It was once described as 'most effective' lobbying group in Washington, but AIPAC is beginning to lose support as it turns on critics - most of whom are Democrats'
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:24 am

The BBC manages to plumb new depths of absurdity.

Check out the image for this article:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51496206

Yup: that there's your typical aborigine.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Ben Turner » Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:35 am

Colin Wright wrote:
I wouldn't be excessively surprised if your impression that half-breeds look white might result from the half-breeds that look white being the ones who are adopted into the Australian progressive community rather than all of them actually looking white.

This is actually based off some news piece I saw about some guy who was having a really hard time getting his share of whatever government assistance is offered to aborigines. The problem was that he looked like a white guy- albeit an ugly one.
Ben Turner

Postby Ben Turner » Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:38 pm

Colin Wright wrote:The BBC manages to plumb new depths of absurdity.

Check out the image for this article:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51496206

Yup: that there's your typical aborigine.

To be fair, if you scroll down, the still from the video is bang on.
Ben Turner

Re: Oh hones

Postby Ben Turner » Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:55 pm

Colin Wright wrote:Tut tut.

If the media continues to pump Bloomberg, we'll know the fix is really in.

Supposedly, in 2008, he blamed an end to redlining that targeted blacks for the mortgage crisis.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/based-bloomb ... -meltdown/

It might very well be true. That's not the problem. The problem is that our otherwise ever-vigilant media are suddenly overlooking this stuff.

It's less obvious- but note that Bloomberg is only seven months younger than Biden (it's actually Bloomberg's birthday today). So he hardly solves that problem.
Ben Turner

Postby Colin Wright » Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:08 pm

Now what?

'Amazon is offering free shipping to customers in illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank, while charging Palestinians fees up to $24 when they list the "Palestinian Territories" as their country.

The US retail giant said on Friday that the free shipping promotion was also available to Palestinians if they amended their address and selected Israel as their country...'

It's damned hard to avoid using Amazon.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:53 am

Boss man has spoken.

'US politicians receive a polite but clear warning on Iran.'

It turns out most of the Democratic candidates have since adopted a 'nuanced' position on Iran.

https://www.haaretz.com/
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion