Description of your first forum.

Re: Oh honestly

Postby specterx » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:24 pm

Colin Wright wrote:'
New Hampshire Votes Percent (27%)
Sanders 17,261 27.7
Buttigieg 14,341 23.0
Klobuchar 12,289 19.7 '

Reminds me. As it dawns on our handlers that Buttigieg is completely unelectable, we should see a sudden rush of manufactured enthusiasm for Klobuchar.

Buttman hanging in there!

It's funny how this whole process exposes the idiocy of the typical voter. As if the fact that candidate X won a plurality of a few thousand votes in the weird Iowa caucus should matter a damn to primary voters in Virginia, Texas, California etc.

If you ask me, the real dark horse here is Bloomberg. Speculation on Unz is that he deliberately leaked that "racist" video himself - which if so was a brilliant Trumpian move, since it put his name in the spotlight and literally everyone knows that what he said is true. It proves he isn't some SJW freak, in a clear differentiation from the rest of the Dem pack; certainly improved my opinion of the guy.

Per the polls, he also seems to be more electable than either Buttman or Sanders. I suspect Trump is far more afraid of Bloomberg than anyone else: he's a fellow New Yorker, richer and more successful in business, maybe less appealing to the white trailer trash vote but capable of siphoning off basically 100% of Trump's major institutional support, from big business to billionaires and (as a Jew himself) Zionist Jews.

How does Bloomberg fare with the Israel lobby?
Automation makes immigration obsolete.
specterx

Postby Ben Turner » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Colin Wright wrote:The second problem is just the opposite. At places like Unz Review there's a real tendency to always advocate the most extreme possible view. One gets abused -- and in my case, all but banned --for politely expressing skepticism about the most extreme possible 9/11 truther theories. 'Wahhh...there were no hijackings, the buildings were blown up with planted charges, it was all a massive Mossad/CIA/CNN plot -- you must be part of the plot too!'

Literally. Ron Unz doubts that I'm really a retired mover living in Oregon. So I claim...

This process is happening on the other side too- that's why their story is so absurd.

However I think most people do still just keep their head down and ignore the extremes on both sides.
Ben Turner

Postby Colin Wright » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:43 pm

00dawg wrote:With all the Dwayne Wade-related stuff on this, NBC News threw up a statistic that children who receive support from their families in this matter are 40% less likely to commit suicide than those who don't.
They seemed proud of that statistic.

At what point will adults actually weigh in on why that kind of stat is a red flag, not a talking point to show off?

It'd certainly be intriguing if support from one's family made no difference at all.

'I'm nine, and I've been rejected by my mother and father -- but fuck 'em. It doesn't bother me at all.'
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:54 pm

specterx wrote:
Buttman hanging in there!

It's funny how this whole process exposes the idiocy of the typical voter. As if the fact that candidate X won a plurality of a few thousand votes in the weird Iowa caucus should matter a damn to primary voters in Virginia, Texas, California etc.

Be fair. It's not the voters getting excited; it's the media.

Otherwise, I find Buttigieg's sudden rise to success a tad suspicious -- particularly in view of his connection to the vote counting software.

If you ask me, the real dark horse here is Bloomberg. Speculation on Unz is that he deliberately leaked that "racist" video himself - which if so was a brilliant Trumpian move, since it put his name in the spotlight and literally everyone knows that what he said is true. It proves he isn't some SJW freak, in a clear differentiation from the rest of the Dem pack; certainly improved my opinion of the guy.

Per the polls, he also seems to be more electable than either Buttman or Sanders. I suspect Trump is far more afraid of Bloomberg than anyone else: he's a fellow New Yorker, richer and more successful in business, maybe less appealing to the white trailer trash vote but capable of siphoning off basically 100% of Trump's major institutional support, from big business to billionaires and (as a Jew himself) Zionist Jews.

How does Bloomberg fare with the Israel lobby?

Israel might well love Bloomberg -- but he's dead on arrival anyway.

Few things would make me happier than to discover America and the media are willing to admit we've got a massive black problem -- but they aren't ready to admit that, and so Bloomberg will have to be expelled.

I think Klobuchar is about to be discovered. Interestingly, she's apparently a really nasty person, deep down inside.

I suspect Sanders is going to win the nomination -- for one, the Democrats are victims of their own rhetoric. This is what they claimed to want; fine, they've got it.

The Israel Lobby would be wise to accept that and work out what they want to do about the fact. All the alternatives just make matters worse.

Personally, I'd cooperate with Trump to keep the economy pumped up, accept that war with Iran will just have to wait, and politely marginalize Sanders. If they're grown ups about this, they can ride this out.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:58 pm

Ben Turner wrote:
Colin Wright wrote:The second problem is just the opposite. At places like Unz Review there's a real tendency to always advocate the most extreme possible view. One gets abused -- and in my case, all but banned --for politely expressing skepticism about the most extreme possible 9/11 truther theories. 'Wahhh...there were no hijackings, the buildings were blown up with planted charges, it was all a massive Mossad/CIA/CNN plot -- you must be part of the plot too!'

Literally. Ron Unz doubts that I'm really a retired mover living in Oregon. So I claim...

This process is happening on the other side too- that's why their story is so absurd.

However I think most people do still just keep their head down and ignore the extremes on both sides.

Unfortunately, this process of politics becoming a monopoly of the extremes can't end well.

In fact, I think it usually ends in some flavor of revolutionary or reactionary catastrophe.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:04 pm

Mildly comic:

'Syria war: 'One killed' as US troops clash with government loyalists near Qamishli'

Okay: that's fairly weird right there. But it gets weirder.

'... Coalition spokesman Col Myles Caggins said its forces were conducting a patrol near Qamishli on Wednesday when they encountered a checkpoint manned by Syrian pro-government forces.
"After coalition troops issued a series of warnings and de-escalation attempts, the patrol came under small arms fire from unknown individuals. In self-defence, coalition troops returned fire," he added, without mentioning any casualties...'

So there we were, just driving our mechanized column around this foreign country, minding our own business -- when they started shooting at us.

What the hell?
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Re: Oh hones

Postby Colin Wright » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:31 am

Tut tut.

If the media continues to pump Bloomberg, we'll know the fix is really in.

Supposedly, in 2008, he blamed an end to redlining that targeted blacks for the mortgage crisis.

https://www.unz.com/isteve/based-bloomb ... -meltdown/

It might very well be true. That's not the problem. The problem is that our otherwise ever-vigilant media are suddenly overlooking this stuff.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:55 am

The media will settle on Klobuchar:

'Times of Israel, February 7, 2019 – article about Amy Klobuchar:

“She is the only one of seven presidential hopefuls who voted with AIPAC on an anti-BDS bill.

Among the seven declared or presumed presidential candidates in the Senate Democratic caucus, Klobuchar was the only one who voted Tuesday to approve a law that would consolidate $38 billion in defense assistance for Israel while protecting states that penalize businesses that boycott Israel.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/5-jewish- ... klobuchar/
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Ben Turner » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:46 pm

specterx wrote:A bizarre event unfolds in Germany: https://www.euronews.com/2020/02/07/far ... or-resigns

In Thuringia, they've been having trouble setting up a government because any possible coalition must involve one of the growing list of Cancelled parties - in this case, AfD or the Left Party (communists). They managed to patch together an arrangement whereby a guy from the Free Democratic Party (libertarians) would be elected governor with support of both the AfD and the local branch of Merkel's own CDU.

Shit hit the fan immediately: Merkel called the election "inexcusable" (lol?), fired the government minister responsible for dealing with the East, and the FDP's national chief apologized. The new governor has been forced to resign after just three days, and presumably bundled off in an unmarked van.

Now Merkel wants new elections in Thuringia - trouble is, polls say her CDU party would get annihilated and the AfD would almost certainly gain seats.

The solution here seems obvious to me: pass a law enabling (we can call it the Enabling Act) the Reichskanzler to unilaterally overturn any "inexcusable" election result, thus ensuring that dangerous fringe parties are kept out of government everywhere.

This does seem inevitable doesn't it? The more AfD is forcibly excluded from power, the more people are going to just keep throwing more votes at them.
Ben Turner

Postby Ben Turner » Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:55 pm

Colin Wright wrote:So much for Bloomberg, Democratic candidate.

Excerpt from a speech he gave at the Aspen Institute in 2015:

'...Ninety five percent of your murders, and murderers, and murder victims, fit one M.O. You can just take the description, Xerox it, and pass it up to all the cops. They are male, minority, sixteen to twenty-one. That’s true in New York, that’s true in virtually every city in the union...'

That clinches it.

I could never support a candidate who uses "Xerox" as a verb.
Ben Turner

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion