Oh honestly

Description of your first forum.

Re: Oh honestly

Postby Colin Wright » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:22 pm

'The mayor of Philadelphia has joined growing calls for gun control after a shootout in his city left six officers injured as they served a drug warrant.'

C520DB95-64C7-4A95-B72E-525755EE869D.jpeg
C520DB95-64C7-4A95-B72E-525755EE869D.jpeg (125.34 KiB) Viewed 112 times

The picture suggests that what Philadelphia needs is not gun control, but black control.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:20 pm

The Neo-Cons must be gnashing their teeth.

'Gibraltar has freed an Iranian oil tanker detained last month on suspicion of sanctions-busting, despite a last-minute plea by the US authorities...'
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Ben Turner » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:28 pm

Pop quiz: who said it?

Today, practically no means other than war will educate a people in this spirit of boldness; and it has to be a war waged under daring leadership. Nothing else will counteract the softness and the desire for ease which debase the people in times of growing prosperity and increasing trade.

A people and nation can hope for a strong position in the world only if national character and familiarity with war fortify each other by continual interaction.
Ben Turner

Postby Colin Wright » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:43 pm

Ben Turner wrote:Pop quiz: who said it?

Today, practically no means other than war will educate a people in this spirit of boldness; and it has to be a war waged under daring leadership. Nothing else will counteract the softness and the desire for ease which debase the people in times of growing prosperity and increasing trade.

A people and nation can hope for a strong position in the world only if national character and familiarity with war fortify each other by continual interaction.

Theodore Roosevelt?
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:46 am

You can't keep a good dog down.

'Jeffrey Epstein Spent Time Alone With Young Female Prison Visitor'

Believe it or not. Forbes is a perfectly reputable source, too.

'The day after he was taken off suicide watch, disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein spent at least two hours locked up alone with a young woman, in a private room reserved for inmates and their attorneys, according to an attorney who was visiting the prison that day.

"The optics were startling. Because she was young. And pretty,” said the visiting attorney, who asked that his name not be used because he didn’t want to create friction with the prison administration...'

...and then, he suddenly got depressed, and killed himself, in a cell in which everyone assures us it's impossible to commit suicide, while his guards were mysteriously absent.

Now, this is a test. Do you actually believe the above?
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:53 am

Worse and worse.

'Jeffrey Epstein had broken neck bones — raising questions about the accused sex trafficker’s cause of death'

Sloppy. Just sloppy.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:41 am

Orwell would find the modern world a distinctly target-rich environment.

'Israel, UAE and US working together to tackle Iran's 'escalating aggression': Report'
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:00 am

My. Connect the dots on this one.

'G. Maxwell
5.0 out of 5 starsA comforting read after a personal tragedy
August 15, 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
A good friend of mine died recently under very tragic circumstances. Some of us saw it coming for quite a while but it was still a huge shock when it finally happened. I picked up this book at the advice of a friend and absolutely couldn’t put it down. I’d read it walking the dog, getting fast food, or even just lounging around the house. It helped me realized that my friend really believed in something, and that giving your life for the CIA, NSA, FBI, Mossad, or other intelligence agency is truly a higher calling and not something to mourn. A wholehearted recommendation.
19 people found this helpful'

The thing is, the review is for The Book of Honor: The Secret Lives and Deaths of CIA Operatives.'

Ghislane Maxwell was just spotted reading this book.

The New York Post reports:

'Maxwell, 57, alleged madam to the multi-millionaire Epstein, was scarfing down a burger, fries and shake al fresco at an In-N-Out on Monday while reading, “The Book of Honor: The Secret Lives and Deaths of CIA Operatives.” '
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:44 am

On to ever-greater heights of silliness:

'The 1619 Project is a major initiative from The New York Times observing the 400th anniversary of the beginning of American slavery. It aims to reframe the country’s history, understanding 1619 as our true founding, and placing the consequences of slavery and the contributions of black Americans at the very center of the story we tell ourselves about who we are.'
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 am

Incredibly, it gets worse:

'In the days and weeks to come, we will publish essays demonstrating that nearly everything that has made America exceptional grew out of slavery. https://nytimes.com/2019/08/13/magazine ... tream.html
@nytimes'
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion