Oh honestly

Description of your first forum.

Re: Oh honestly

Postby Colin Wright » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:01 am

A blast from the past. Remember when our politicians said things that weren't patently idiotic? Bobby Jindal writes an op-ed:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-wins ... opin_pos_1
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:46 am

This is mildly frightening.

'... American Renaissance has re-posted one of Jared Taylor‘s articles from 2004, describing a meeting of Pat Buchanan’s American Cause.

The article includes this:

There was much hand-wringing about China at this conference, but no one pointed out that it has already passed stiff laws that prohibit criminals and defectives from having children (they will no doubt be the next groups to be granted asylum in the US and Canada). As soon as the cost of embryo selection goes down, the Chinese will have no scruples about using it, and if they build up to an average IQ of 115 while we drop into the 80s, they will dominate us in every way.

[What the Non-Racial Right Thinks, April 2004.]

Embryo selection there refers to the technique of fertilizing a bunch of eggs, DNA-typing the embryos, picking the ones with fewest bad / most good SNPs, and discarding the rest.

Are the Chinese really into eugenics like this?

Oh yeah. The Chinese for “eugenics” is 优生学 (yōu-shēng-xué). It’s spoken of and written about, e.g. in newspaper op-eds and Party documents, with none of the shrieking or neurosis that surrounds the topic in the West.

See for yourself. If you cut’n’paste those characters into the Google search box, then cut’n’paste one of your results into Google Translate, you can get the flavor. Sample, from a sort of Chinese Wikipedia:

'...Eugenics is a science that specializes in human genetics and improves human race. The purpose of eugenics is to improve the quality of the population. It includes two aspects: one is positive eugenics; the other is negative eugenics. Positive eugenics is an excellent individual eugenics that promotes physical and intellectual well-being. That is to use molecular biology and cell molecular research to modify and transform genetic material, control individual development, make future generations more perfect, and truly operate and transform human’s own purpose. Negative eugenics is the prevention or reduction of the birth of an individual with severe hereditary and congenital diseases, that is, the reduction of the birth of a bad individual. The latter is the most basic and preventive eugenics with real value...'

Nuke 'em now before it's too late?
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Ben Turner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:12 am

specterx wrote:Well, call me a racist, but I think immigrants create problems when they're from groups prone to lower average IQ, criminality, or bring with them a great deal of baggage from inferior and/or very alien cultures. Putting myself in a Briton's shoes I don't see white immigrants as much of a problem.

They're certainly less of a problem- but London is already monstrously overcrowded. Its population is growing by 100,000 every year.

Moreover as long as masses of people keep arriving in the Southeast of England who are prepared to work for minimum wage, why would anyone bother investing or creating jobs in the deprived parts of the country? It increases the severe distortions in our economy which those who favour increased immigration claim that they want to fix.

As to the second paragraph... the Continent seems to do OK. Sweden has the most billionaires per capita of any large country.

I wouldn't say Sweden is a large country except geographically.
Ben Turner

Postby Ben Turner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:16 am

Colin Wright wrote:Your post assumes Poles, Bulgarians, and Romanians are 'like us.'

Possibly Poles are, but I wouldn't make that assumption about Romanians -- and, I assume, Bulgarians.

We have a Romanian friend, and, as a result, are drawn into Romanian Facebook posts, etc.

They do shit like trash the shop of some inoffensive Muslim barber in London who comes out to complain about them ostentatiously and loudly drinking in front of his shop -- and take great pride in their behavior. Another video was hero Romanians wrecking a Muslim cafe.

We have quite a few Romanians and (formerly) one Bulgarian in the office, and they're all nice- but this is very much the cream of the crop. The impression they give of Romania is a place where one either knows the right people in the government and so is very comfortably well off, or doesn't and so is dirt poor.

What we then get is a lot of people who;
1) you can be fairly sure are from the dirt poor category and
2) expect the government to be corrupt

Government largely does what it can get away with. It relies on popular outrage to keep it honest. Add in a few million who expect corruption and that's what you'll get.

Look. Subtract California, subtract the Northeast quarter of the country, subtract any city with more than one hundred thousand people, and subtract any county with more than 5% blacks, and everything else is pretty cool.

...Okay, subtract Texas as well. And Oklahoma's where you drop your donations to the canned food drive.

You've deleted about 90% of your population there.
Ben Turner

Postby Ben Turner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:27 am

Colin Wright wrote:? This is a tautology.

...going through it right now. It would appear that the thing to do is to postpone several medical appointments to January, withdraw $20,000 from my annuity account in December, accept suddenly becoming violently ineligible for 'Oregon Health Plan' for the month of December, and then be poor as church mice again in January and go back on it.

There you go. I guess we don't want to be like you either.

The thing that keeps pissing me off is that if our household income were split between two salaries instead of one, we would pay about £5,000 less in income tax and be eligible for about £1,800 in child benefit. Of course we'd then create a requirement for more paid childcare- but the government would pay for 20% of that so let's call it a round £8,000 less I would be paying the state for the right to exist.

ALL must work- you are forbidden from supporting a family on a single income. Your children must be raised by a team of professionals. It is the word of God.
Ben Turner

Postby Ben Turner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:35 am

Colin Wright wrote:This is mildly frightening.

[…]

Nuke 'em now before it's too late?

The "negative eugenics" referred to in the translation is fairly straightforward, but I'm dubious about the prospects of editing genes to make the resultant human smarter. I think we're an extremely long way from figuring out how these genes interact with one another. One might easily end up triggering all kinds of other disorders by messing about with this stuff.

Then, too, the Chinese already have a higher average IQ than we do. Where are the legions of Chinese Nobel prize winners? Which major technological advances have come out of China in the last twenty years? They're still making stuff that's developed and designed in Western countries. There's still no operational Chinese-made jet airliner which can seriously compete with Boeing or Airbus, for example. Wake me when China does something that hasn't been done by someone else first.
Ben Turner

Postby specterx » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Ben Turner wrote:The "negative eugenics" referred to in the translation is fairly straightforward, but I'm dubious about the prospects of editing genes to make the resultant human smarter. I think we're an extremely long way from figuring out how these genes interact with one another. One might easily end up triggering all kinds of other disorders by messing about with this stuff.

Then, too, the Chinese already have a higher average IQ than we do. Where are the legions of Chinese Nobel prize winners? Which major technological advances have come out of China in the last twenty years? They're still making stuff that's developed and designed in Western countries. There's still no operational Chinese-made jet airliner which can seriously compete with Boeing or Airbus, for example. Wake me when China does something that hasn't been done by someone else first.

It is strange, isn't it?

In all fairness, precisely the same accusation was (fairly) leveled at Japan at various times, up until the early 80s or so. Copycatting is much easier than genuine innovation, and while one can steal patents there's no way to steal the accumulated human experience and institutional knowledge of how to successfully run a world-beating enterprise. That has to be earned - but if you're persistent, it's just a matter of time. Hong Kong, Singapore and Taiwan are Chinese (or mostly Chinese in the case of Singapore) and fully first-world countries, with innovative companies etc. - the mainland will surely get there too.
Automation makes immigration obsolete.
specterx

Postby Colin Wright » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:29 pm

Ben Turner wrote:
...You've deleted about 90% of your population there.

There's that as well.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Ben Turner wrote:
ALL must work- you are forbidden from supporting a family on a single income. Your children must be raised by a team of professionals. It is the word of God.

Government -- modern government, at least -- does have a kind of inherent, unreasoning impulse towards the totalitarian. It keeps instinctively seeking to enclose all within its clammy claws, reducing everyone to atoms within its organism.

The Borg weren't an alien race. They're ourselves right now, and even more, they're going to be our future.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Ben Turner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Colin Wright wrote:
Ben Turner wrote:
...You've deleted about 90% of your population there.

There's that as well.

There you have it, though: if the statement runs "If you got rid of 90% of the people, quality of life in the United States would be high" then it follows that quality of life in the United States in not high.

I'd say it's the big problem of our age is how to deal with the problem of overpopulation in an era where our ability to feed people is no longer a limiting factor on population growth, without making excessive impositions on personal freedoms.

A global programme: if you're under 25 and childless you can receive $10,000 to be sterilised. In practice it'll only be taken up in the third world where that's serious money, but anyone can apply so it's not the programme's fault if whites don't.
Ben Turner

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion