Oh honestly

Description of your first forum.

Re: Oh honestly

Postby specterx » Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:26 pm

Colin Wright wrote:All votes are equal but some are more equal than others?

You had a referendum. Was the outcome unacceptable in some way?

The big thing for me is that Leave won because of Merkel's Mistake. It really seemed like the EU was being submerged under a human tsunami, and was totally helpless to react. That might still happen in the fullness of time, but for the moment they've grabbed their balls, built fences, stopped rescuing migrant boats, cracked down on the Mediterranean taxi service, starting paying Arab militias to enslave and slaughter Black migrants, etc. Just the other day it was decided to expand Frontex from 1,300 seconded personnel into a full-time border patrol of 10,000 men.

So, the primary rationale for leaving isn't really there anymore - and the other arguments about economics, trade etc. were mostly just bullshit. On the other hand, the world is an increasingly dangerous place; the absence of Britain's military, economic, and diplomatic heft from the EU weakens both parties far more than straight numbers would suggest. Europe, including the UK, needs to stick together or they're just going to disappear.

It's shameful that no British politician has even tried to make the case.
Automation makes immigration obsolete.
specterx

Postby Colin Wright » Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:06 am

specterx wrote:
Colin Wright wrote:All votes are equal but some are more equal than others?

You had a referendum. Was the outcome unacceptable in some way?

The big thing for me is that Leave won because of Merkel's Mistake. It really seemed like the EU was being submerged under a human tsunami, and was totally helpless to react. That might still happen in the fullness of time, but for the moment they've grabbed their balls, built fences, stopped rescuing migrant boats, cracked down on the Mediterranean taxi service, starting paying Arab militias to enslave and slaughter Black migrants, etc. Just the other day it was decided to expand Frontex from 1,300 seconded personnel into a full-time border patrol of 10,000 men.

So, the primary rationale for leaving isn't really there anymore - and the other arguments about economics, trade etc. were mostly just bullshit. On the other hand, the world is an increasingly dangerous place; the absence of Britain's military, economic, and diplomatic heft from the EU weakens both parties far more than straight numbers would suggest. Europe, including the UK, needs to stick together or they're just going to disappear.

It's shameful that no British politician has even tried to make the case.

It seems to me that the whole point of a democracy is that if you have a vote, you abide by the outcome.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:26 pm

What happens if you're white and you don't know your place.

https://youtu.be/70IlSBvQSXw
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:48 am

In the new America, 'our' media no longer pesters us with such discordant details.

'On Friday six European countries issued a bombshell joint statement declaring their intent to join INSTEX, or the Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges, a European special-purpose vehicle serving as a 'SWIFT alternative' to bypass US sanctions on Iran.

Finland, Belgium, Denmark, Netherlands, Norway, and Sweden released a joint statement asserting it's of "the utmost importance to the preservation and full implementation of the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPoA) on Iran’s nuclear program by all parties involved."

"In light of the continuous European support for the agreement and the ongoing efforts to implement the economic part of it and to facilitate legitimate trade between Europe and Iran, we are now in the process of becoming shareholders of the Instrument in Support of Trade Exchanges (Instex) subject to completion of national procedures," the statement reads...'

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... ugh-instex

Whatever the outcome of this specific episode, it all marks a definite step downward in our status as leader of the West/global hegemon.

We're headed for having all the moral authority of China. Send a thank you note to Israel.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Ben Turner » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:04 am

specterx wrote:So, the primary rationale for leaving isn't really there anymore

We- especially in London- are still getting swamped with migrants, albeit white ones. It may make me a hypocrite given that my wife is Swedish, but I'm not excited about the continuing massive immigration-driven population growth. The foreign born population of the UK increased by three million between 2001 and 2011, and it's estimated that it's grown by another 1.5 million since.

Further, I see the political direction of the European Union as towards ever-more smothering state control of people's lives, where success is a matter of navigating the bureaucracy and working out a way to optimise the benefits you can claim and minimise your tax payments rather than actually being a productive member of society.

Europe, including the UK, needs to stick together or they're just going to disappear.

This was one of my reasons for voting remain: The EU is a good thing for Europe and I didn't really want to deal it a body blow. However, the EU seems to be coming out fighting but paradoxically I'm not sure that this is good for security as the EU sees itself as a rival to NATO rather than a parallel body.
Ben Turner

Postby specterx » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:14 pm

Ben Turner wrote:We- especially in London- are still getting swamped with migrants, albeit white ones. It may make me a hypocrite given that my wife is Swedish, but I'm not excited about the continuing massive immigration-driven population growth. The foreign born population of the UK increased by three million between 2001 and 2011, and it's estimated that it's grown by another 1.5 million since.

Further, I see the political direction of the European Union as towards ever-more smothering state control of people's lives, where success is a matter of navigating the bureaucracy and working out a way to optimise the benefits you can claim and minimise your tax payments rather than actually being a productive member of society.

Well, call me a racist, but I think immigrants create problems when they're from groups prone to lower average IQ, criminality, or bring with them a great deal of baggage from inferior and/or very alien cultures. Putting myself in a Briton's shoes I don't see white immigrants as much of a problem. It might be if Poland, Bulgaria and Romania were breeding like rabbits and seemed likely to emit masses of surplus people into the indefinite future (as it the case with Africa, Pakistan, and the other lovely places from which you draw non-white immigrants), they aren't and won't. In a couple of generations the Poles etc. will have seamlessly assimilated and vanished, whereas you'll still be wrestling with Black crime and Muslim separatism.

As to the second paragraph... the Continent seems to do OK. Sweden has the most billionaires per capita of any large country. I'm fairly familiar at this point with how things work in Spain, and it definitely represents an extreme of regulations, taxes, red tape and consequent system-gaming - but the actual quality of life there is far higher than in the USA, in all the ways that matter. Hopefully they manage to hold on to it.
Automation makes immigration obsolete.
specterx

Postby Colin Wright » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:09 am

specterx wrote:
Ben Turner wrote:We- especially in London- are still getting swamped with migrants, albeit white ones. It may make me a hypocrite given that my wife is Swedish, but I'm not excited about the continuing massive immigration-driven population growth. The foreign born population of the UK increased by three million between 2001 and 2011, and it's estimated that it's grown by another 1.5 million since.

Well, call me a racist, but I think immigrants create problems when they're from groups prone to lower average IQ, criminality, or bring with them a great deal of baggage from inferior and/or very alien cultures. Putting myself in a Briton's shoes I don't see white immigrants as much of a problem. It might be if Poland, Bulgaria and Romania were breeding like rabbits and seemed likely to emit masses of surplus people into the indefinite future (as it the case with Africa, Pakistan, and the other lovely places from which you draw non-white immigrants), they aren't and won't. In a couple of generations the Poles etc. will have seamlessly assimilated and vanished, whereas you'll still be wrestling with Black crime and Muslim separatism.

As to the second paragraph... the Continent seems to do OK. Sweden has the most billionaires per capita of any large country. I'm fairly familiar at this point with how things work in Spain, and it definitely represents an extreme of regulations, taxes, red tape and consequent system-gaming...

Your post assumes Poles, Bulgarians, and Romanians are 'like us.'

Possibly Poles are, but I wouldn't make that assumption about Romanians -- and, I assume, Bulgarians.

We have a Romanian friend, and, as a result, are drawn into Romanian Facebook posts, etc.

They do shit like trash the shop of some inoffensive Muslim barber in London who comes out to complain about them ostentatiously and loudly drinking in front of his shop -- and take great pride in their behavior. Another video was hero Romanians wrecking a Muslim cafe.

If Britain's looking to stage 'Race War 2024' I recommend adding lots of Eastern Europeans to the mix. If she'd just as soon not host the festivities, perhaps she should start excluding everybody.

... - but the actual quality of life there is far higher than in the USA, in all the ways that matter. Hopefully they manage to hold on to it.'

You haven't been to 'provincial' Oregon, have you?

Look. Subtract California, subtract the Northeast quarter of the country, subtract any city with more than one hundred thousand people, and subtract any county with more than 5% blacks, and everything else is pretty cool.

...Okay, subtract Texas as well. And Oklahoma's where you drop your donations to the canned food drive.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:18 am

My...

'U.S. Dominance in Global Services Weakens
Some softness in demand reflects cyclical factors, such as slowing foreign economies, but other forces are weighing on exports and prompting Americans to buy more foreign services...'

Hmm. Well now, prior to the First World War, Britain's industrial dominance had started to fade -- but she was still number one in banking, etc!

But then, between the wars...and after the wars...

Place your bets, gentlemen.

After all, Britain went massively into debt. That's the difference between them and us.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:29 am

Ben Turner wrote:...success is a matter of navigating the bureaucracy and working out a way to optimise the benefits you can claim and minimise your tax payments...

? This is a tautology.

...going through it right now. It would appear that the thing to do is to postpone several medical appointments to January, withdraw $20,000 from my annuity account in December, accept suddenly becoming violently ineligible for 'Oregon Health Plan' for the month of December, and then be poor as church mice again in January and go back on it.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:35 am

specterx wrote:
Well, call me a racist, but I think immigrants create problems when they...

Immigrants cause problems whenever they come into a country that already has enough people.

Arguably, that describes us. Inarguably, it describes Great Britain.

Let's take a middle case. Precisely what group is it that you think could immigrate in large numbers to Spain and improve it?
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion