Oh honestly

Description of your first forum.

Oh honestly

Postby Colin Wright » Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:20 pm

I'm almost starting to feel sorry for them. The Guardian continues its campaign against police in America.

"The County: the story of America's deadliest police

Police in Kern County, California, have killed more people per capita than in any other American county in 2015. The Guardian examines how, with little oversight, officers here became the country’s most lethal..."

? But I'm confused. Kern County doesn't have many blacks, and in fact, almost all the named victims seem to be Hispanic.

So the police killing people isn't something that has to do with the victims being black? I'd say the Guardian is being zealous but a tad imprecise.

...wait'll it turns out many of the cops doing the killing are Hispanic as well.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Re: Oh honestly

Postby specterx » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:00 am

Oh honestly, you could have changed the name... I thought it was traditional to do so after every forum reset.
Automation makes immigration obsolete.
specterx

Postby specterx » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:05 am

So I discovered a box of .30-06 rifle ammunition in my Boston apartment, hidden away in a storage area.

I don't really want it around, don't have any use for it, and presumably can't just sell it on Ebay and ship the bullets through the mail. But it also seems like a spectacularly bad idea to just toss the box in the trash. So, how does one get rid of unwanted ammo?

I suppose if I really wanted to be lazy, I could insist the landlord come by and remove it.
Automation makes immigration obsolete.
specterx

Postby Colin Wright » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:36 am

specterx wrote:So I discovered a box of .30-06 rifle ammunition in my Boston apartment, hidden away in a storage area.

I don't really want it around, don't have any use for it, and presumably can't just sell it on Ebay and ship the bullets through the mail. But it also seems like a spectacularly bad idea to just toss the box in the trash. So, how does one get rid of unwanted ammo?

I suppose if I really wanted to be lazy, I could insist the landlord come by and remove it.

? I'd check. Maybe you can ship it through the mail, and centerfire rifle cartridges are pretty expensive. Even 30.06 might be worth $0.50 per cartridge.

Anyway, you've got the ammunition. All you need now is the rifle and the deer.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby 00dawg » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:34 am

Can be shipped USPS or FedEx if properly marked.
"I kinda think that if there is ever to actually be a Rapture, a spontaneous rising of thousands of people into the sky, it will happen at The Dude." - Lynn Esquer
00dawg
Site Admin

Postby Ben Turner » Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:50 pm

00dawg wrote:Can be shipped USPS or FedEx if properly marked.

...and you're even happy to cover the postage if he directs it to the correct Birmingham address.
Ben Turner

Postby 00dawg » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:27 pm

Ben Turner wrote:...and you're even happy to cover the postage if he directs it to the correct Birmingham address.

Heh. Unfortunately, the only .30-06 I own is a vintage M1 Garand, and while they will shoot modern hunting ammo, it's not recommended.
Besides that, a 20-round box of that caliber is currently in the $14 range so shipping FedEx won't exactly be a bargain price.
"I kinda think that if there is ever to actually be a Rapture, a spontaneous rising of thousands of people into the sky, it will happen at The Dude." - Lynn Esquer
00dawg
Site Admin

Postby Ben Turner » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:46 pm

If I discovered that kind of thing here, I'd probably hand it to the police- they will know what to do.
Ben Turner

Postby Colin Wright » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:48 pm

...and when the latest killing broke, I said, 'please, don't let the shooters be Muslim.'

My prayers weren't answered. Guy was of Saudi Arabian extraction -- and he'd just brought his wife back from the old country. This is like when one of the killers of Tsar Alexander II turned out to be Jewish. Every right-wing bigot in the country is going to have a field day.

...and of close we'll be no closer to answering why so many Americans have taken to expressing their grievances with firearms.

On the bright side, it is nice to see couples doing things together.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:23 pm

...and from the 'no good deed goes unpunished' file.

The name Oscar Groening probably doesn't ring a bell. He was the SS accountant at Auschwitz who made life hard for Holocaust deniers when he recently came forward and said 'look, it happened. I was there. I saw it.'

At the age of 93, he's now been sentenced to four years imprisonment as an accessory to murder.

Gotta get those Nazi war criminals. Never mind that (a) he never personally did anything, (b) repeatedly requested a transfer to a combat unit, (finally getting his wish in late 1944), and (c) came forward entirely of his own volition.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Next

Return to General Discussion