Oh honestly

Description of your first forum.

Re: Oh honestly

Postby Colin Wright » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:01 pm

'Florida’s sweeping definition of anti-Semitism limits teachers’ freedom to discuss Palestine'

It's somewhat worse than that. Teachers who uncritically adore Israel will remain entirely free to discuss Palestine. It's anyone who might have any reservations who will find it best to remain silent.

It's all somewhat like immigration. Sure. We'll wake up about immigration and solve the problem. The difficulty is that by the time we do, the solution is likely to involve massive civil unrest and bodies hanging from lamp posts.

We'll wake up about Israel as well. The problem is that we'll likely need to first mire ourselves in the most evil, futile, and unnecessary war in our history to do so.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:47 pm

Sigh.

'UK opposition leader Corbyn questions claims Iran was behind tanker attacks
Jeremy Corbyn asks whether UK has 'credible evidence' Tehran involved in attacks on two vessels in Gulf of Oman'

I guess Israel's going to have to open another can of whoop-ass. Those anti-semites sure can be stubborn.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Jeremy Mac Donald » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:43 am

While there is good reason to be skeptical that Iran perpetrated this there is a rational line that Iran could be engaged in.

Goes like this:
The current status quo is not working for Iran. America has not only reimposed sanctions but is putting massive pressure on anyone who is willing to trade with Iran. Iranian oil shipments are down to maybe 40,000 barrels a day from a high between 200,000 and 300,000 prior to the renewed sanctions (and even that number is probably well below what Iran could ramp up to).

Hence the Iranians could be motivated to try and show that the current status quo will not be allowed to simply persist with them doing nothing but sucking it up as the economic situation in Iran continues to grow worse by the day. Obviously they don't want a war but they do want to remind the more neutral players that their interests are threatened too. What they want is for Japan and the European Union to pressure America to the negotiating table.

All that said certainly could be a false flag operation.
“Such subtle covenants shall be made, till peace itself is war in masquerade.”
―John Dryden
Jeremy Mac Donald

Postby Colin Wright » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Jeremy Mac Donald wrote:While there is good reason to be skeptical that Iran perpetrated this there is a rational line that Iran could be engaged in.

Goes like this:
The current status quo is not working for Iran. America has not only reimposed sanctions but is putting massive pressure on anyone who is willing to trade with Iran. Iranian oil shipments are down to maybe 40,000 barrels a day from a high between 200,000 and 300,000 prior to the renewed sanctions (and even that number is probably well below what Iran could ramp up to).

Hence the Iranians could be motivated to try and show that the current status quo will not be allowed to simply persist with them doing nothing but sucking it up as the economic situation in Iran continues to grow worse by the day. Obviously they don't want a war but they do want to remind the more neutral players that their interests are threatened too. What they want is for Japan and the European Union to pressure America to the negotiating table.

All that said certainly could be a false flag operation.

I agree. It could be an Iranian operation -- as I theorized earlier, intended to warn the Gulf Emirates. 'We can get to you. Go ahead with this, and it will hurt.'

However, that doesn't really alter the moral equation. We are trying to bring about a war where there is no need for one outside of Israel's pathology. Leave us in the equation -- war. Take us out -- no war.

At best, we're like the dad who can't keep from fighting with his daughter's boyfriend. 'Honey, if you would just go back inside...'

We can prevent war. We can restore peace, if not actual harmony. There's nothing stopping us -- except our little buddy.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:44 pm

There's also the point that Iran has been here before.

'...Iran would likely be able to maintain some shipments for debt repayment to China and India, and into storage in China, and smuggle a limited extra amount as it did under previous sanctions, analyst Sara Vakhshouri said...'

In fact, all that's happened is that after a brief lifting of sanctions at the end of the Obama administration, they've been reimposed again. The inference would be that if Iran sucked it up before, she can suck it up again.

Of course, one could argue that she does need to highlight the role of external forces. She may need us to be visibly oppressive. It could be like the devil's alliance between us, Iran, Israel, and Saddam Hussein himself in 2003. Everybody needed to agree Iraq had weapons of mass destruction. Each for his own reasons, but we all needed to agree that it was so.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:49 pm

One hope here is that while Iran is a good two generations back technologically, she's an ace when it comes to diplomatic manipulation. Successively, we wound up deposing the Sunni theocracy to her east, doing away with her mortal enemy to the West, Saddam Hussein, and making it possible for her to replace a Sunni-dominated secular state in Iraq with a 'Shi'a republic with a tilt towards Iran.'

So if things go as they have in the past, this should all end up with Bahrain in the hands of an Iranian client regime or something.
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby Colin Wright » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:44 pm

Yes, yes...

Considering the political orientation of the average American Jew, this one'll make 'em squeal.

8215035E-C14F-479E-9BA4-6C88599359A8.jpeg
8215035E-C14F-479E-9BA4-6C88599359A8.jpeg (121.25 KiB) Viewed 122 times

The media will just have to ignore it somehow. Major short-circuits would occur across the board, otherwise. Israel is good, but Trump is bad, but...
Ilhan Omar speaks for me
Colin Wright

Postby specterx » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:57 am

Colin Wright wrote:Yes, yes...

I practically raced here to post the photo, and somehow you beat me to it...
Automation makes immigration obsolete.
specterx

Postby Jeremy Mac Donald » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:07 am

Colin Wright wrote:There's also the point that Iran has been here before.

'...Iran would likely be able to maintain some shipments for debt repayment to China and India, and into storage in China, and smuggle a limited extra amount as it did under previous sanctions, analyst Sara Vakhshouri said...'

In fact, all that's happened is that after a brief lifting of sanctions at the end of the Obama administration, they've been reimposed again. The inference would be that if Iran sucked it up before, she can suck it up again.

Obviously Iran could suck it up but it was hardly good times the first time around and I think the Saudi Arabia/Iran conflict has been heating up and putting Iran more on the backfoot. Plus those sanctions had been in place a long time and Iran had had a long time to adjust and the Europeans and Americans were focused more on other things Russia, China, the War on Terror. They were not trying very hard to make them really stick and be painful. Here the Americans seem determined to make this hurt.
―John Dryden
Jeremy Mac Donald

Postby Jeremy Mac Donald » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:15 am

Colin Wright wrote:Yes, yes...

Considering the political orientation of the average American Jew, this one'll make 'em squeal.

just...wow...

I really got to see how this plays out.
―John Dryden
Jeremy Mac Donald

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion